About the Opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Manager or Sr. Manager to join the Business Management and Strategy (BMS) team to help scale our business.
As a thought partner to senior management, you will work closely with teams across the organization to understand business performance, set strategy, and drive business growth.
What to expect?
As a member of the BMS team, you will become a trusted advisor to Contentful’s executives and functional leaders, and work on high-impact, top priority issues facing the business.
Projects and responsibilities may include:
- Identifying growth, efficiency, and strategic opportunities for the business: conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis to understand business performance, evaluating investments or strategic decisions, identifying and prioritizing actions to take, and communicating insights to senior executives
- Driving successful execution: on specific one-off initiatives, or on process or systems improvements that support our growth trajectory
- Acting as the connective tissue of the company: facilitating cross-functional collaboration, driving and contributing to both specific high-priority projects and regular operating rhythms and business reviews
What you need to be successful
BMS team members are exceptional business leaders with outstanding analytical and communication skills, and knowledge of/strong interest in the content platform space. We are looking for candidates with 4+ years of general management experience in total, including 2+ years at a top consulting firm. Advanced graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. MBA from a highly regarded business school) preferred.
Expected functional skills and experience:
- Exceptional quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated track record of structuring solutions to very complex business problems in a wide variety of functional contexts, then driving and conducting analyses to derive impactful insights and drive actions in a short amount of time
- Highly effective top-down communication skills. Experience preparing documents for and leading meetings with executive leadership teams and/or board members, with clear, structured communications (verbally and in writing)
- Strong business acumen demonstrated in ability to quickly develop true trusted advisor relationships with senior business leaders across all functional areas of a business and in different contexts
- Experience driving the development and implementation of overall business strategy at industry-leading companies, working with executive leadership teams
- Strong collaborative leadership experience, having successfully led large cross-functional teams from individual contributors up to C-level to deliver on ambitious business goals
- Experience managing high-impact, high-performing teams (including own direct reports) in fast-paced environments with high expectations
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time-off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $150,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.