About the opportunity
Contentful has led the way in providing a content management platform that professional developers love. As we prepare for our next phase of growth, the Sr. Director of Solution Engineering will build the customer facing practice to enable professional developers to be successful with Contentful. We are looking for a dynamic leader for our Global Solution Engineering practice to build out engagement models to enable customers to experience the potential impact of Contentful to their digital business.
What to expect?
You will articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users, position the impact of digital towards a customers business, and develop a deep level of expertise of specific industries, customers, and solutions. You also serve as a conduit - in partnership with our Customer Experience team - between prospects/customers and product development for product enhancements.
As a member of the Sales leadership team, you will be responsible for incorporating Solution Engineers into all facets of our sales GTM motion. You will partner with sales leaders globally to hire the right team members, incorporate best technical practices, and find efficiencies. You will be responsible for hiring and managing multiple teams across International geographies.
Communication and building internal relationships will be critical to success. You will be building a Solution Engineering practice that will represent a competitive advantage for Contentful in the marketplace. Incorporating feedback from multiple teams within Contentful to create a best in class customer evaluation experience will be critical to success.
What you need to be successful?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of SaaS Solution engineering management experience
- 2+ years as a 2nd level Solution Engineering leader, preferably with employees in distributed locations across multiple continents.
- 4+ years of influential success as a Sales/Solution Engineer individual contributor
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience and excitement about disruptive technology solutions
- Experience building the Solution Engineering practice as a competitive differentiator.
- Ability to initiate cross-departmental company initiatives, gathering other experts around you to accomplish shared goals. Proven track record of working closely with Product Management, Product Marketing, and post sales teams.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.