About the opportunity
As an Engineering Manager at Contentful, you are responsible for advancing and maintaining healthy engineering teams, ensuring that we’re building a great product for our customers.
What to expect?
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high-quality applications and services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and match them with projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- With your team, develop technical and product roadmaps then identify, plan, and deliver against those roadmaps
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful. Encourage, empower, and celebrate
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Instil a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work closely with the Contentful recruiting team to hire high potential engineers from diverse backgrounds
What you need to be successful?
- You are already managing engineers and/or you’re ready to make the jump into full-time management
- Very familiar with principles of APIs, stateful Web (Single Page) Applications, developer platforms (Github, Heroku), and latest platform trends like containers and serverless architectures
- Experience with continuous improvement and the Agile software delivery process, particularly in collaboration with product, business
- You have experience recruiting and hiring engineering talent, combined with bringing new starters up to speed
- In-depth, proven software engineering background that allows you to establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required)
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.