About the opportunity
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work with a cross-functional team to discover, define and deliver frictionless experiences in editorial workflow and publishing. You contribute in building a big-picture design vision and build relationships across groups and departments.
If you have a passion for problem solving, systems design and optimizing workflows this role may be a good fit. You should be comfortable facilitating user research studies and team workshops, and have experience working with design systems. You’ll join a design guild of passionate design generalists who excel in their respective areas and enjoy continuous learning, and the opportunity to impact the product and the organization in a meaningful way.
What to expect?
You’ll be a key player in your cross-functional product development team during discovery and delivery. You’ll drive initiatives to make your product team and the design guild more successful.
- Partner with UX researcher in discovery work
- Facilitate discovery workshops
- Solution ideation: take the users perspective and explore solutions from multiple directions
- Support team with concepts, visual design and UX copy
- Partner with a Product Manager in story and requirements definition and other discovery activities (e.g. presentations with business stakeholders)
- Prototype creation (from low to high fidelity)
- Work with a research manager to plan testing solutions and to establish best practices
- Improve UX/ design quality by pairing with engineers, UX writers and other Designers
- Run experiments and user testing during early release phases
- Collaborate with other Designers across the org to gather input on ongoing work
What you need to be successful
- Self starter, looks for pragmatic solutions
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Strong conceptual skills to design for complex scenarios
- Strong communicator and user advocate
- Comfortable to communicate to company leadership and outwards to our industry and the world
- Experience working with design systems and strong knowledge of UI design patterns and best practices
- Experience with user research (quantitive and qualitative) and user testing
- Experience in meeting and workshop facilitation
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- [Take a break and show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine or play with one of our pups. We’re a dog-friendly office!]
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin and San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.