commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
The Import/Export team is building the most exciting, usable, and advanced UI for managing import & export of platform data for our business users. You will be working on modern technologies like React and TypeScript.
You will be interacting with our backend infrastructure that is using microservices in a distributed/message-oriented architecture with a modern tech-stack.
If you love solving complex problems, you work with passion, love clean code and like to understand the big picture, even more important than your technical qualification: You want to join (and learn from) an equally skilled, agile, self-organized team that believes in having fun, and collaborating in an open, supportive environment! Sounds good?
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Join one of our cross-disciplinary teams to work on our UI solutions for data import & export. There is a lot of exciting work ahead such as improving our Merchant Center adoption of our Design System or extracting common components to be open sourced in our User Interface Kit or Application Kit.
- Work collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy in a group of international peers on a rapidly growing product using cutting edge technologies.
- Work on a modern unified tech stack with the main components being React, Apollo GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Jest, Cypress, react-testing-library (to name just a few).
- Collaborate and align efforts with UX/UI Designers, Product Managers, Backend engineers while engaging with customers.
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality, and performance and work closely with Product, Agile Coaches and DevOps.
- On top of working with a modern tech stack on interesting projects, commercetools offers a professional development budget and dedicated time to experiment with new technologies and ideas (known as Tech Time).
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience in front end development
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with web service APIs working with either REST, GraphQL or both
- The ability to weigh trade-offs through discussions working within a cross-functional team
- Ideally having been exposed to different methods of testing frontends through tools such as Cypress and react-testing-library
- Be able to speak English fluently to work in an international environment
- Strive for clean code and high standards for quality assurance such as code review, testing and code linting
- See value in maintainable software through various methods such as type checking paired with End-to-End and integration tests or visual regression testing
- Be an open-minded team player working in a humble cross-functional team while caring for our product and customers
- A mindset to continuously learn and actively improve our work environment and product
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.