At CommerceIQ, we help consumer brands accelerate their retail ecommerce market share growth and profitably through machine learning and algorithms. We are building the world’s most complete and sophisticated Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, which connects and intelligently automates the management of retail ecommerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart, across the entire ecommerce operational chain of retail media management, sales operations, supply chain, and digital self analytics.
We are in hyper growth mode, having recently raised our Series D funding at unicorn valuation (>$1B) and ended our third year of triple-digit revenue growth. Continued acceleration of our growth is fueled by landing new customers, expanding our platform through new products, managing new retail ecommerce platforms, and delivering exceptional customer service to unlock high net retention rates.
VP Engineering - Applications
VP of Engineering Profile:
Top consumer brands like Nestle, Kimberly Clark, Natures Bounty, Johnson & Johnson, Mondelez, Kellogg to name a few rely on CommerceIQ suite of products to make efficient business decisions on a daily basis. As VP of Engineering - Applications you will be responsible for hiring and building a high performance team that embodies our leadership principles, executing with timely and high quality delivery of product development, driving innovation and engineering excellence across your teams.
In this role, you will lead a cross-functional team of Engineering Managers, Quality Assurance Managers (QAM), Software Development Engineers (SDEs) and Software Development Engineers in Test (SDE-T). As a leader, you will play a crucial role in building the culture, motivating the team and bringing the best practices across all of these functional areas to ensure that the software we build and the technical processes we implement are quantifiable with respect to quality and always deliver the best for our customers.
The successful candidate will be passionate about building a great organization, obsessed with innovation, relentlessly raise the bar on the quality of what we deliver, work with product management to define and influence the product roadmap, manage a fast-paced delivery schedule and influence and drive a high-level tech strategy with the leadership, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
Our product suite covers the entire lifecycle of e-commerce optimization including CommerceIQ Sales, Advertising and other upcoming products. This role will have you lead an engineering team to build CIQ suite of products driving a profound impact on how consumer brands sell and optimize their e-commerce presence and help drive millions of dollars in ROI. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver complex products, are deeply technical, highly innovative, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, this role is for you. Come help us build an automated e-commerce optimization suite of products!
- Hire, manage and grow a team of engineers, engineering managers, quality managers.
- Build your organization culture that embodies CIQ core values and manage an engineering excellence organization across the SDLC life cycle that develops CIQ products suite with quality and speed and is known for impeccable delivery.
- Mentor and guide the engineering team on engineering excellence best practices and own architecting our services for scale.
- Work with the product management team to influence and define the quarterly product roadmap, create an engineering delivery plan and execute it as per the plan.
- Drive innovation within the team to bring engineering driven products that creates differentiators for us in the market.
- Work with the leadership team to create a forward looking and ambitious tech strategy and influence product and business strategy. Own and deliver the tech strategy as per plan.
What you need to succeed
- 15+ years experience in building, delivering and scaling high quality cloud-based software products.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills - exhibited throughout the career
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Strong business and technical vision
- 5+ years of people management and growing a team.
- Prior experience in managing software engineering teams to launch SaaS products (B2B or B2C) that have seen scale is a must
- B.E/BTech/MS from a Tier 1 college (IITs / IIITs / RECs)
- Embodies CIQ’s Leadership Principles: Customer Obsession, Think Big, take bets and innovate, Win as a team, Take Ownership and deliver results, Dive Deep, Bias for Action, Hire and Develop the Best, Learn and be Curious