Senior Business Analyst
CommerceIQ is a well-funded, Series B growth start-up that helps consumer brands grow their business on e-commerce channels (like Amazon, Walmart) using advanced algorithms and machine learning technology. We help consumer brands win shoppers at the moment of purchase by algorithmically managing supply chain, demand forecasting, promotions and advertising spend, fraud listing detection, content optimization and other aspects that help shoppers make online purchase decisions.
In 2019, we doubled the size of our customer base and achieved 300% growth in our revenue. Our customers include named brands like Bayer Healthcare, J&J, Nestle, Hamilton Beach, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kellogg, Kimberly Clark, Mars, Inc. and many others.
In 2020, CoVid 19 has affected every business, few positively and many negatively. However, E-commerce adoption has gone through the roof and we have seen e-commerce spend grow from 15% to 25% of retail spend in just 8 weeks! (Compare this to a decade that it took to grow e-commerce adoption from 5 to 15%). This puts us in a unique situation and provides a huge opportunity for us to help brands grow significantly on e-commerce channels.
Our focus in 2020 is to invest in our software and analytics capability to enhance our solution and fuel customer growth and establish ourselves as a market leader in this rapidly growing market!
We have access to quality data sources for major e-commerce channels. Imagine the questions you could answer and the impact you could drive if you had access to sales, advertising, promotions and inventory data for many of the top consumer brands selling on Ecommerce platforms like Amazon, Walmart, Instacart, Kroger etc. If this possibility excites you, then keep reading because at CommerceIQ we not only spend our days wading through massive quantities of ecommerce data, our analysts use it to drive millions of dollars of incremental sales for our customers.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a highly entrepreneurial mindset that can analyze and identify deeper patterns in data and weave a story from the data at hand. The role is centered around understanding and delivering analytical solutions using CommerceIQ data.
You will be expected to perform the following role at CommerceIQ,
- Business problem solving:
- You will understand the interplay between various data sources, CommerceIQ platform and customer needs. You will be expected to build customer context in depth and use it to deliver analytical solutions. You will be expected to put the business lens and present a point of view within a team of engagement managers, analysts and data services team that ensures the final solution fits the business needs and is in a position to generate tangible impact to the customer.
- You will be expected to drive and present insightful approaches to better ecommerce decisions independently. You will be expected to build hypothesis, understand the data needed to conduct the analysis, perform the analysis, synthesize the results and present in an executive friendly format
- You will be expected to partner with Engagement Managers to align on requirements and develop both recurring and ad hoc reports to meet client needs.
- Technical expertise:
- You will be expected to be hands-on with SQL and a programming language like Python / R so that you can process the data and build the analytical solution yourself.
- You will be expected to develop and deploy complex dashboards in Tableau to meet customers customized needs.
- You will jointly own the success of CommerceIQ customers with the engagement managers by playing the point person for the quality and timely delivery of the analytical solution.
- You will need to showcase high ownership and leadership skills to independently work with people from different departments, manage work dependencies from different contributors to successfully deliver the project.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Extensive experience with data manipulation using SQL, moderate experience with analytical tools R/ Python, and moderate expertise in data visualization through Tableau
- 3-4 years of prior experience both performing and structuring advanced analyses independently
- Successful stint at a prior fast paced work environment (start-ups, consulting etc.)
- Desire to get into the most granular details of technical/ implementation/ operational issues and being an individual contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Reasonable understanding of statistical methods and basic understanding of data sciences.
- Experience in developing and maintaining measurement metrics and standardized outcome metrics based on business requirements
Preferred Qualifications: (in addition to required)
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Data sciences, or any quantitative discipline,
- Experience with ecommerce analytics is a huge plus
- High proficiency in building Tableau dashboards and executive friendly deliverables for business needs and to aid decision making
- Proficient in application of Statistical Methods
- Prior start up experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Ecommerce in any of the areas - supply chain advertising, marketing, merchandising, and store operations is preferred