Cloud Chamber is looking for an accomplished World Narrative Lead to manage the narrative process and team for our World Group. You place value in mentorship and lead with empathy while keeping an eye on productivity. You are an experienced writer interested in the essentials of storytelling, across genres and independent of medium. You find interactive narrative thrilling and look to operate among its vanguard. You enjoy the challenges and opportunities posed by story branching whether it be in dialogue, action, or outcome. You write excellent dialogue economically, have a knack for creating specific and distinct voices on the page, and have an ear both for stylized and naturalistic speech. You have a taste for genre fiction (SciFi in particular) and enjoy absorbing research into your scriptwriting.
Reporting to the Narrative Director, you will be responsible for providing support to the writing staff in three principal areas: creative, editorial, and leadership. The creative side will involve spearheading the narrative development of all world content (helping pitch quest premises, developing characters, and relationships, etc.). Editorial duties will include reviewing, revising, and providing feedback to writers. The leadership component will entail helping mentor, guide, and support a team of talented writers. At later stages, the job will involve assisting in the unification of tone and voice across the game.
- Support the Lead Writer in the creative management of the Writing Team.
- Mentor, manage, plan professional development, and additional administration duties for an internal team of writers.
- Guide and own the development of side content.
- Review scripts and provide feedback to writers.
- Edit and revise scripts when necessary.
- Assist in the continued blending of various narrative threads.
- Ensure consistent communication of changes both within the Narrative Department and to the Cloud Chamber team at large.
- Write dialogue, scenes, and other narrative elements when necessary.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in the games industry in a narrative role.
- BA in English, Creative Writing or equivalent.
- Previous experience managing a team of writers.
- Ability to review, edit, and give constructive feedback on work.
- Bilingual French/English preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Collaborative team member able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of narrative game design and player experience.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for
excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives. We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.