Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Modeler (vegetation) to join our environment team and deliver high-quality, jaw-dropping, next gen, AAA visuals. Reporting to the Lead Modeler, you will collaborate with other artists, designers, Leads and Directors to create a variety of assets, materials, and environments.
In this role, you will contribute to carrying forward the artistic vision and use your expertise to raise the visual bar for the next installment in the BioShock franchise. You will help dress the stage for a stunning narrative and systems-driven experience.
You enjoy crafting unique and detailed textures and 3D models to bring our concept art to life. You enjoy collaborating with your team, and across the artistic disciplines.
- Create visually appealing, 3D models of natural and organic assets (including trees, plants, rocks, terrain) as well as architectural elements based on concept art and/or photo reference while extracting the best / the brightest details and exaggerating those to a point of caricature.
- Create and compose modular kits and collection sets to form dramatic, believable spaces.
- Work closely with Art leads to ensure that environments and assets match the quality bar and vision for the game’s direction.
- Work closely with peers and other departments such as programming to ensure art assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity.
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure consistency in theme, tone, and style.
- Receive and apply feedback as part of our iterative process.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, and props for AAA games.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title as an environment modeler.
- Experience marrying the spirit of concept art and direction with your own point of view in order to expand on any idea, scene, or asset.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and/or 5 is preferred.
- Strong foundation in traditional art with an ability to concept ideas.
- Solid understanding of how objects and architecture are built in the real world.
- Highly proficient in 3ds Max, Maya, Blender and Photoshop.
- Proficient in Z-Brush and Substance Painter.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction.
- Highly skilled in hard surface modeling.
- Interest and dedication to advancing your craft, and eagerness to learn new techniques and software.
- Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, mass, volume, light, lighting and color.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.