Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Systems Programmer to provide technical designs, writing, implementing, and debugging code for new and upgraded software products. All in Unreal 5.
As a Senior Systems Programmer at Cloud Chamber you will be part of a global development team working on the next BioShock. You will report to the Technical Director (Core Tech) and work closely with other game developers to define and implement the vision for our game.
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine.
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions.
- Working in Unreal 5 to build new technology and adapt existing systems to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Participate in the development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity systems and more.
- Mentor other Programmers and help them improve their programming skills.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
- At least 1 shipped AAA game as a senior or principal systems Programmer.
- Experience with multiprocessor programming.
- Experience working on core engine systems.
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
- Expert in C / C++.
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines.
Nice to have:
- Experience developing action, FPS or 3PS games.
- Experience developing for current generation game consoles.
- Unreal (ideally Unreal 4 or 5) experience.
- Experience with open world games.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.