Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Engine Programmer with extensive Unreal Engine experience, preferably in a Core Tech/Systems Programming capacity, to join our talented, distributed development team. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing game engine features and tools for the next BioShock. Generalist programming skills and previous experience in C++ will allow you to contribute greatly to various aspects of our Core Tech Features. Collaborating closely with members of the other Core Tech Features you will holistically approach and ensure the smooth operation of the game development team
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine.
- Collaborate with programming and production teams to devise optimal programming solutions.
- Work in Unreal 5 to build new technology and adapt existing systems to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Participate in the development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, and more.
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
- Work closely with other game developers to define and implement the vision of our game.
- Maintain and manage our core Engine and assist with integrations from Epic.
- Partner with the Engine Vertical team to envision and execute the strategy of how we can modify the engine to better serve the needs of this project.
- Own and drive performance related issues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years programming with Unreal Engine on commercial game projects.
- At least 1 shipped AAA game as a senior or principal systems programmer.
- Previous experience developing for games; preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles.
- Knowledge and understanding of multiprocessor programming.
- Experience developing for 8th generation, or better, game consoles (Xbox One/PS4).
- Familiarity working on core engine systems.
- Previous experience working on multi-platform software projects.
- Expert in C/C++.
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
- Capable of working independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with communication skills to express clearly and concisely with a technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and dependable with an eye for problem solving.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. Below are the expected salary and wage ranges for applicants based in locations where the pay transparency law is in effect:
Colorado: $76,500 and $150,000 per year
California: $87,400 and $175,000 per year
New York State (inclusive of New York City): $98,400 and $185,000 per year
Washington: $76,500 and $137,700 per year
Base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, 4 including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.