Cloud Chamber is looking for a creative and proactive Senior Animation Engineer to join our team. In this role you will own and continue development on our key animation systems. The systems include: motion matching locomotion system, IK solvers, miscellaneous sub-systems and tools for animation playback. You will work collaboratively with Design and Animation to improve, invent, and maintain these systems. During this process you will have constant opportunities to help elevate, problem solve, and steer these ideas as they develop.
- Help finalize, optimize, and improve our motion matching locomotion system.
- Work closely and constructively with design and animation teams to realize creative ambitions.
- Architect and coordinate the implementation of new animation systems and features.
- Work within Unreal Engine 5 adapting existing systems and building new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical needs and creative goals.
- Support planning efforts by estimating and dependency checking gameplay feature development.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
A passion for collaborating with people in different disciplines to solve creative problems with game AI will help you be successful in this role. The ability to combine strong math skills with design sensibilities will ensure that you can deliver high quality and fun-to-play systems. At Cloud Chamber we strive to delegate creative ownership of tasks and features to small, interdisciplinary pods. We are looking for someone that can get inspired by the vision and help to deliver exciting new features and systems.
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with Object-Oriented (OO) design principles.
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Must have strong 3D Math skills.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.