Cloud Chamber is looking for a veteran Rendering Engineer to help bring our stylized game to life. You will be working in close collaboration with concept artists, the Art Director, and other engineers to push Unreal Engine 5 towards your combined vision. You will be likely modifying core shaders, developing new rendering technologies, and potentially working to integrate third party solutions for particular problems. You will be otherwise developing new and interesting systems for world and character rendering.
We are looking for someone who can look at a piece of concept art or hear an art director's pitch and translate that into rendering code, shaders, and systems. You should be comfortable helping to design new tools and systems to achieve artistic visions. You should be equally comfortable thinking about how to make use of offline third-party tools like Houdini and marshaling their data into the runtime. It is important that you are able to effectively communicate directly with artists and help direct them towards performant solutions.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 7 years industry or related experience.
- 2 or more published titles.
- Previous experience working in a lead role as a graphics / rendering engineer.
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Strong 3D Math skills.
- Strong C/C++ experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with modern GPUs on the latest generation of gaming platforms.
- Good understanding and familiarity with current Unreal Engine technology is strongly desired.
- Exposure to third-party tools like Houdini, Substance Painter, and Z-Brush in terms of how they can function in a graphics pipeline.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.