Cloud Chamber is looking for an Associate Cinematic Animator to join our talented team and help bring life and movement to the next BioShock. You have experience working on collaborative assignments. You are someone who sets an example for a positive team centric process. You are self-motivated, have great communication skills, and possess a great team-player attitude! We’re looking for someone who loves game animation!
- Using Autodesk Maya, start with basic animation assignments, such as character posing, and manipulating motion capture data, leading into more intermediate hand-key tasks and game-engine integration into Unreal Engine.
- You will support Senior and Principal Animators, while reporting to the Animation Lead, and Directors.
- You will work in multidisciplinary pods with Game Designers, Engineers, and Modelers, helping to create the various animation related features of the project.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
Do you love tackling challenging animation assignments head on? We are looking for animators who are collaborative, responsive to feedback, and motivated. You will be an integral member of a team who is responsible for the creation of high-quality, and entertaining gameplay and AI animation.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or a comparable game engine is highly desirable.
- A proven understanding of character performance, timing, gesture, posture, silhouette, and the principles of animation.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy and caricature.
- Skills in animating the human bipedal figure, organic forms, quadrupedal, and mechanical objects.
- Experience with hand key facial animation.
- Experience working with\editing motion capture, a plus.
- Strong collaborative and flexible spirit.
- Hunger for knowledge and always striving to learn.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.