Cloud Chamber is looking for a senior artist with a passion for creating rich, detailed environments. Construct set pieces and assets. Create and compose modular kits to build believable gameplay spaces. In this role, you will set the bar for stunning visuals and create a fantastical world. Reporting to the Lead Environment Artist and working alongside your team as well as across disciplines, you will realize and push forward the vision our Creative and Art Directors have set forth for this new Bioshock game!
- Work side-by-side with Directors and Leads to carry the vision forward. Together we will set the stage for compelling narrative, stunning visuals, and a unique gameplay experience.
- Working with a cross-discipline team you will create environments and props, design and build efficient and effective architectural kits, and guide the visual development of gameplay spaces.
- You will focus on level layout, scene composition, architectural kit design, prop design, mise en scène, visual language, and scene management.
- Create and compose modular kits and collection sets to form dramatic, believable spaces. Compose compelling scenes that tell a story, support gameplay, and are optimized to perform well.
- Communicate effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals and deadlines are met.
- Work with leads to develop efficient and effective world building processes, alignment decks, documentation and tutorials, and ensure that quality is maintained for environment art.
- Receive, give, and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You, my friend, are a master of your craft. Your understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding world building is second to none. You possess a solid understanding of architectural structure, special design, industrial design, and the details necessary for crafting the building blocks of believable environments. Not to mention your superior eye for contrast, color, and detail in creating compelling scenes. You are an architect who can conceive, plan, specify, coordinate, and execute the vision in an organized and predictable manner. Previous experience has left you with a strong understanding of how to leverage the tools to create and realize your vision. You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process.
- You’ve shipped at least one title as a senior or principal artist, ideally using Unreal or a comparable engine (e.g. Frostbite, Crytech, idTech, etc.).
- Experience developing / shipping AAA first person shooters a plus!
- Experience working within cross-discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Experience creating and maintaining asset libraries, organized by theme and function.
- Experience with third party programs to help develop our worlds (Gaea, Houdini, World Machine, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with materials and shaders, knowing what is needed and where to use them for difficult visual targets is a plus.
- You have a love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team.
- Passion for working on your craft and mentoring more junior artists one on one or with tutorials and videos.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.