Do you love inspiring others and tackling challenging assignments head on? We want you to help us breathe life into a new and fantastical world. Your primary responsibility will be the creation of exemplary gameplay and AI animation. We need you to set the standards that educate and inspire our Animation team!
- Create both keyframe and mocap driven animations that set the standard for character animation on both bipeds and creatures.
- Work with technical artists and engineers to define tools, pipeline, and technology updates that allow Cloud Chamber to strive for best in class animation quality
- Collaborate with the Animation Directors to set the standard for quality across the animation team.
- Inspire designers and character modelers to understand your vision for the character animation and how you want to bring it to life.
- Define character animation at every stage, from concept, to animatics, to final production assets.
Skills, Experience and Qualfications:
You have experience working within cross-discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments. You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process. You are self-motivated, have great communication skills, and possess a great team-player attitude! We’re looking for someone who loves animation!
- 8 years + of experience as AI Animator or Gameplay Animator
- Shipped multiple AAA titles, ideally using Unreal or a comparable engine
- Exceptional knowledge of how to create and maintain gameplay and AI systems as they pertain to video game animation
- Solid experience with Maya
- Animation graph and data integration experience
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- A very strong understanding of character performance, form, gesture, and silhouette regarding player character and AI
- Excellent understanding of anatomy and caricature
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure, organic forms, quadrupedal, and mechanical objects
- An exemplary understanding of traditional animation principles and how they support and enhance gameplay
- Experience working with Motion Capture data and pipelines
- Experience with hand key facial animation and tools such as FaceFx
- Experience structuring & maintaining animation processes such as rigging, or prototyping
- A love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team
- Strong collaborative and flexible spirit
- Mentorship, coaching, and training experience is a bonus
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.