Cloud Chamber is looking for an Art Implementation Specialist with a keen artistic eye and a love for organization to join our studio in Montreal. Our Art Implementation Specialist will ensure that the quality and usability of the Modeling and Texture team’s work meets our rigid standards and can be seamlessly implemented into the game. In this role you will help us create stunning visuals for an immersive world. Reporting to the Lead Modeler and working alongside the Environment Art Team you will embrace and champion the vision our Creative and Art Directors have set forth for the next installment of the BioShock franchise!
- Inspect final game assets and manage integration
- Review and improve existing assets and outsourced props
- Optimize assets for integration
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning, applying, and enhancing technical guidelines
- Work closely with Art and Technical Direction
- Work closely with Environment Artists and Level Designers to improve assets
- Help streamline the asset production process
- Accurately report defects found on props by entering them into the database in accordance with company guidelines
- Provide feedback in key areas to the developers to ensure the best possible quality is maintained
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
To be successful in this role you should have a good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling and world building. A solid understanding of architectural structure, industrial design, and the details necessary for crafting the building blocks of believable environments would be invaluable. And it goes without saying that our Art Implementation Specialist should have a superior eye for contrast, color, and detail in evaluating models and textures. On occasion you may be called upon to fix issues that appear in an Object.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art, Studio Art, or Digital Art, or equivalent experience working in the games or animation industry
- 1-4 years AAA experience in 3D modeling and texturing or working with an object bank, on a First person game is a plus
- Good understanding of props baking and texturing, from the proxy stage to the final game integration
- A strong understanding of Modeling and Texture workflow and pipelines
- Collaborative and engaging, passion for games
- Proactive, motivated and autonomous
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Experience with 3dsMax, Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Painter
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Interest and dedication to advancing your craft, and eagerness to learn new techniques and software.
- Ability to quickly learn and to use specific in-house tools
- Knowledge of bug databases and/or database entry (Jira, TestTrack Pro, …)
- Basic knowledge of some file management system / version control system Perforce
- Creating and maintenance of test documents and processes in content collaboration software (Confluence, Slack, …)
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.