Cloud Chamber is looking for a collaboratively minded World Simulation Designer to join our global design team in Montreal to create memorable gameplay experiences for our players. As a World Sim Designer you will develop and maintain interactive objects, systemic gameplay loops, and world ecology features for the next BioShock.
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines and contribute to the interactive toolkit that content designers will use to build the game world.
- Create immersive interactive game content.
- Work with the systems design team and others to develop interactive game systems.
- Implement game systems in cross-disciplinary pods.
- Develop working prototypes of game features.
- Collaborate across development sites in Novato and Montreal on a day to day basis.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience on one AAA title as a designer
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-site team setting.
- A strong eye for player-facing signs and feedback.
- Familiarity with Unreal and Blueprint scripting is desired.
- A deep understanding of game mechanics, spatial design, and interactive pacing.
- Fluent with game development tools and experience with pipelines, standards, and workflows.
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Current knowledge of the gaming industry development landscape, technology, and tools.
- Know, love, and play games and care deeply about pushing the medium forward.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.