About the Opportunity
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of financial activities for specific Foundation departments/initiatives. With guidance from Finance leadership and collaboration with Senior Managers, the position supports accounting transactions, budgeting, financial planning and reporting, research and analyses, and assists with close processes. The position will support the preparation of the annual financial audit and tax reporting requirements.
The position will collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Comptroller to confirm that the Foundation’s financial processes and procedures are compliant with Foundation standard operating practices as well as state and federal laws. The position reports to the CFO.
The Clinton Foundation Finance Department is responsible for recording, reporting, and monitoring financial matters and supports the mission of the Foundation. Finance Department members collaborate with programmatic, development, and departmental colleagues to develop program specific budgets and staffing plans as well as assist with the strategic plans of the Foundation. Certain members of the Finance Department also work closely with members of the Human Resources team on matters related to compensation and benefits.
In this role you will:
Accounting and Financial Management
- Perform monthly close process transactions, reporting, and financial analyses, as assigned.
- Analyze financial data for accuracy and provide budget and forecasting support
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and routine financial and budget reports and presentations to management
- Assist with preparation of financial reporting required by program grantors
- Provide operational and financial information and analyses to support financial planning and strategic initiatives for management review meetings
- Collaborate with the CFO and Comptroller on the ongoing development of policies, processes, and standards needed for compliance, efficiency, and effectiveness
Audit and Tax Preparation
- Perform monthly review and/or prepare reconciliations for tie out to balance sheet trial balance accounts
- Review trial balance for errors
- Perform monthly review of bank reconciliations
- Perform monthly and annual review of revenue activity
- Review accounting transactions to improve data accuracy and reporting
- Support preparation and documentation of annual audit and 990 tax return
- Ensure training materials and/or documentation is kept current
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Preferred: MBA or CPA
- 7+ years of experience in finance or accounting required, including 2-3 years of experience managing people or projects
- Preferred: Experience with an array of roles inside finance departments.
- Understanding of GAAP, fund accounting; ability to analyze financial statements and communicate results to management and leadership; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting software; experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge a plus; proficient with computers, a variety of software applications, and Microsoft Office.
- Audit and/or tax preparation, including 990 non-profit tax filings.
Compensation & Benefits
- Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $65K - $70K annually, depending on the experience you bring. This range is based on Little Rock market rates. We look forward to discussing our compensation pricing strategy, and your expectations, throughout the interview process. Please also note, the Clinton Foundation prides itself on offering a generous benefits package at little to no cost to employees - take a look at our benefits page, so you can get a full picture of our total rewards offerings.
About the Clinton Foundation
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
The Clinton Foundation is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, visitors, and volunteers. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees whose positions require them to be on site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
About the Clinton Presidential Center
The Clinton Presidential Center offers a unique perspective of the work – past, present, and future – of the 42nd President of the United States William Jefferson Clinton. Through year-round educational and cultural opportunities for visitors of all ages, it reflects President Clinton’s lifetime commitment to advancing opportunity for everybody, instilling responsibility throughout our society, and cultivating a sense of community within our great nation.
The Clinton Center is home to the Clinton Presidential Library and Museum, the Little Rock offices of the Clinton Foundation, the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service, and is a managing partner of the Presidential Leadership Scholars program. The Clinton Center is located in a 29-acre city park along the Arkansas River and is also home to the Clinton Museum store and the award-winning restaurant 42 bar and table.
Learn more at www.clintonpresidentialcenter.org, www.facebook.com/clintoncenter, and @ClintonCenter on Twitter and Instagram.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.