We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
Who are we hiring?
We’re looking for a Head of Content Design, to join us on this mission. You’ll be leading a team of creative content designers working at the cutting edge of AI design.
You’ll have previously worked as a content designer and understand what outstanding looks like in a product-focused tech company. You love coaching and mentoring and are driven by a desire to have the best possible in-app experience for all users.
What you’ll be doing
As Head of Content Design, you’ll manage and mentor our team of content designers. You’ll report to our VP of Design, and partner with them to ensure the chapter is functioning smoothly and collaborating correctly with the rest of Cleo.
You’ll be involved in recruiting for and onboarding new content designers, identifying how they can develop their strengths and providing regular feedback on ways in which the wider team can grow.
As a champion of all things content design you’ll ensure the team has the right tools and training needed to be as successful as possible, while working with and across product squads to build relationships between content and the wider business.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in a content design or UX writing leadership role in a product-focused tech company
- A real passion for mentoring and coaching
- A strong content design background - this isn’t a hands-on role, but you should still have extensive content design knowledge
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- An understanding of how to write for US audiences - the majority of our users are American
- A working knowledge of large language models - not a must, but a significant chunk of the content design team’s time is working with LLMs
- Someone switched on and culturally aware
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 8 months. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a UX5 level and we can pay £80,000-105,000 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms like Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!