We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
Cleo is radically different from the norm and we’re looking for an engineering manager to guide and further develop our engineers across our cross functional product squads. You will be responsible for your team’s delivery as they create exceptional products for our customers, as well as the wellbeing and development of your reports.
You’ll be responsible for all people management for multiple squads and engineers within our Growth Pillar. You'll be looking after the teams that centre around Web/Marketing/SEO/CRM etc, You'll also be hiring in the right spread of TL’s, engineers (juniors, seniors and leads), and then coaching and developing them to deliver on the roadmap. You’ll build out the headcount plan and will be responsible for all hiring and team development within your area to support our growth.
You’ll be accountable for all engineering needs for multiple squads working closely with your counterparts in product, data and experience to build high-performing cross-functional teams so that they deliver impact on our company mission in the most effective way possible. We’ll also be looking to you to develop some of our current squad-focused Leads into more senior positions to support you in the future.
You’ll be responsible for all technical leadership, this means actively seeking out opportunities to improve or optimise our processes, participating in design sessions, reviewing technical proposals and developing the technical roadmap for your area.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager that has exceptional people leadership skills, with an understanding of building a culture of technical excellence. On top of this, you will:
- You are the kind of manager who is people first, technology second. We build environments to support our engineers to be the most impactful engineers possible. We have to strike the right balance between short term gains and longer term sustainability, and our engineering principles reflect this.
- You have previously been a hands-on software developer, but these days get your kicks from software architecture and organisation design, debugging people and processes, and delivering through others.
- You are a great communicator. We are a tight-knit engineering management team, who support one another to be the best leaders possible. You need to be comfortable challenging and supporting us.
- You are comfortable with change and can adapt to constantly changing circumstances. We’re growing the team, and we want you to grow with us on that journey.
- You practise a learning and growth mindset. We move quickly and experiment lots and we need you to help people learn and grow from their experiences.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with regular reviews.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms like Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK. If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available. Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future.