We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
You’ll be a key member of our Machine Learning and Chat pillar that is responsible for Cleo’s ability to have meaningful and delightful conversations with our users. As a Senior Product Manager, you'll work closely with a cross-functional squad of engineers, designers, data scientists, analysts and writers on an area of our ML and chat tooling. This role is critical in shaping how Cleo AI interacts with and understands our users, ultimately coaching users to achieve their financial goals.
Product Managers at Cleo get to:
- Set and own OKRs and goals that ensure they build the right high-quality, delightful products for business and user impact
- Find and use customer insights, research and data to drive decisions and communicate strategy
- Work quickly and iteratively through experimentation and a ‘test & learn’ mindset
- Have a real impact and influence over the vision for what Cleo will look like in the future
- Collaborate with some of the sharpest minds across engineering, data science, design and commercial teams
What we’re looking for:
- As a guide we are seeking candidates with at least 3 years of experience in product management roles, specifically focusing on developing consumer products that leverage data science and machine learning technologies
- You enjoy being hands on with a cross functional team of analysts, designers, data scientists and engineers
- You’re able to say “no” more than you say “yes” to keep the squads focused on the most impactful priorities, but also able to communicate clearly with stakeholders and get alignment
- You will work collaboratively with your product squad and involve them in strategy and decision-making
- We’re looking for someone who can own problems end-to-end, and is willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done and push through obstacles,
- Bring energy and drive to ensure your product is successful. People would describe you as a force of nature who cares about their team
Who You Are
- Action-Oriented: You are quick to act, adept at moving projects from idea to execution under pressure.
- Resilient: You persist through challenges, maintaining focus on long-term objectives.
- Impactful Storyteller: You are skilled in communicating product impact and vision with evidence.
- Collaborative: You are excellent at working with diverse teams, fostering shared success.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: You can navigate and thrive in uncertain environments with clarity and purpose.
- Agile and Adaptable: You’ll be experienced in managing ML-based products, particularly in consumer products, and capable of balancing multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Innovative Thinker: You are passionate about the Cleo mission and can bring creative solutions applying AI and ML to engage and assist users to reach their personal finance goals.
Want to know who you'd be working with? Check out Kate's blog post. She's our Lead PM for ML & Chat.
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible. Usually 2-4 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other.
- Step 1: Call with a member of our Talent Team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: 45-60 minutes with another of our ML focused Product Managers
- Step 3: Live product task interview, to be presented to one of our Product Managers and Data Scientists
- Step 4: 45 minutes each with two cross-functional peers from Engineering, Design or Analytics
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity). You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ This role is level PM4 and we can pay between £93,214 - £116,097 pa depending on experience
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms like Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- Other benefits;
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK. Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact.