We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Director of Communications who has a wealth of experience in leading communications for B2C brands, ideally with a focus on a young audience. You’ll be the face of Cleo when it comes to representing the business externally. As our expert, you'll build cohesive campaigns and relationships with VC’s regulators, tech and consumer media, shaping both our external and internal communications strategy. Cleo has her own personality and a whole load of data to back it up, so you’ll never be short of angles to hit with.
We try really hard to not be boring. Which is easy to do when you’re talking about money. So we’re looking for a Director of Communications who’s used to working with external investors and partners in developing and executing initiatives that align with Cleo’s core values and identity. You’ll be the external representative for the business, effectively communicating the positive impact Cleo is having for customers.
The team is small so you’ll have the chance to try your own ideas, a different approach to the “norm” and really see your impact. This is a senior role within Cleo’s marketing team and you’ll be taking responsibility for the complete strategic and tactical implementation of our comms strategy.
More specifically you’ll be:
- Reviewing, refining and leading on the global communications and PR strategy to support Cleo’s vision and mission, shaping Cleo’s comms strategy, fighting for the world’s financial health, one story at a time.
- Developing the brand’s social responsibility strategy and engaging with key stakeholders across the business to support delivery
- Responsible for the development, integration and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities that supports the strategic direction and positioning of Cleo
- Networking with key members of press to ensure Cleo remains front of mind for any relevant stories
- Owning and shaping a calendar of narratives to generate press coverage around key times of year, campaigns and product launches
- Securing coverage in leading titles relevant for our demographic and potential investors and generating links back to our website
- Leading and building upon strategic consumer and business partnerships.
- Responsible for securing key profile opportunities for C-suite, with a focus on Cleo’s founder and CEO
- Develops and enhances PR analytics systems and reporting methods to benchmark against strategic planning
- A strong communications background, with experience in targeting a younger audience for a high-growth brand
- An established network of commercial and business press contacts
- Cultural curiosity, with a deep and abiding interest in the patterns and trends that are shaping local culture and appreciation for what that means for BCW, clients, brands and consumers.
- Strong relationship building skills, able to effectively manage stakeholders at all levels with credibility and a naturally collaborative style
- Experience of financial reporting and regulatory announcements would be highly desirable as would exposure to managing budgets and press enquiries
- Events experience advantageous
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ The salary band for this role is between $150-200k plus equity.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Other benefits;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
The application process for this role will consist of a video call with a member of the Talent team, followed by a video call with our VP Marketing (Roxanne Nejad), a task and get-to-know calls with our CEO (Barney Hussey-Yeo) and other members of our team, all remotely via Google Meet or Zoom.