A Bit about us
Founded in 2015, we strive to create a world where people love insurance. One of the 50 most promising startups in the world (according to Bloomberg; 2017) our success is recognized by 200,000 customers and white label partners. We combine the classic with the innovative-our smart technology combined with the expertise in insurance- to make our products unbelievably attractive to the B2C and B2B market alike. With funding led by Portag3 ventures and white star capital, we are ready to reshape the world - with your help of course!
What is this about?
To help us grow and scale new markets, we are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst working with and leveraging CLARK’s BI stack, which includes but not limited to PostGreSQL, Superset, Excel and Google Analytics, to create automated and standardised reporting across departments.
What you will be doing
- Applying statistical model and machine learning practices for regular and ad-hoc analyses across departments.
- Supporting the documentation of BI related concepts and requirements.
- Lending organizational support in internal training program on data analysis and driving data-driven culture.
- Managing data migration processes to ensure our BI solutions are maintainable and well tested.
Who you are
- A problem solver: You love solving problems and approach obstacles in a logical and pragmatic manner with a “Get things done” attitude.
- An agile thinker: To put it more you are always up for challenge, fearless to failures and eager to new knowledge and skills.
- A team player: You, while being an individual contributor, also think about team goals and help achieve them.
- A fluent communicator: You feel confident and comfortable when explaining a complex problem to your audience.
- A punctilious organizer: You have a keen attention to details and organize yourself and your work in a structured manner.
What you ideally have
- You have or are pursuing a Bachelor or Masters degree in Business Analytics, Statistics and Computer Science with an excellent academic record.
- You are familiar with a data oriented role and have 2 years of work experience in building and scaling data analytics, preferably in a Fintech, E-commerce or consulting branch.
- Proven hands-on experience in big data analysis and statistical modelling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is essential and knowledge of VBA is the cherry on top.
- Experience with at least one of the popular data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Knowledge of one of the popular Programming Languages (preferably R and/or Python), and experience with relational databases including the ability and experience in writing complex queries (we use PostgreSQL).
- Excellent command of English. German would be a nice to have.
Everyone offers perks like free coffee, free drinks, flat hierarchies. We offer you all that but more in the shape of:
- A multicultural environment with international colleagues.
- Subsidized job ticket and a company pension.
- A lot of freedom: You want to pursue further education? An MBA was always a dream of yours? We offer you support for your education while working with us.
- Support for relocation - and we don't mean only a work permit. The process of getting you here and the costs associated with it are all supported.
- Fear of not speaking the language? We offer beginner and advanced German and English classes in house.
- Want to inspire and share knowledge? We have you covered with our weekly Tech Brown Bag speech.
- And last but not least: Sure, we know how to celebrate success! We offer you quarterly company events, monthly team lunch & breakfast as well as our weekly Friday get together.
Sounds exciting? We agree, and we cannot wait to have your application!