About Charles River Associates
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex world problems for an impressive roster of clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you launch your career.
CRA’s Financial Administration Department is currently a team of over 40 professionals based in our Boston and London offices. We are looking for someone to oversee operations of Financial Administration Europe, set goals and objectives for the financial team, and design a framework for these to be met.
The team includes accounts payable, payroll, billings, and collections, as well as general accounting. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the preparation and timely filing of the Company’s statutory accounts, and income tax, VAT and GST returns with the applicable authorities. This individual will also be responsible for reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations, running a timely month-end close and the performance of various internal controls over financial reporting, and various technical accounting tasks or preparation of memos. CRA currently has subsidiaries and related branches in the following jurisdictions AU, BE, BR, CA, CZ, CH, DE, FR, NL, NO, and UK
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the administrative and research staffs, including practice leadership
- Supervise and help manage the career path of our London based Financial Administration team
- Set goals and objectives for the team and design a framework for these to be met
- Provide input to decisions that affect the functional areas of responsibility
Technical Accounting, Tax & Operations
- Prepare statutory financial statements and manage relationships with our local accounting and tax advisors, including external auditors, to ensure timely and accurate completion of statutory accounts, income tax and VAT tax returns in each European jurisdiction
- Analyze CRA European actual performance compared to the prior period data as well as budget and provide insights to Global Corporate Controller and Chief Financial Officer
- Prepare materials needed for the annual group audit or quarterly review
- Manage the performance of the Company’s monthly and quarterly financial close in Europe
- Review and certify monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform and review internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley/PCAOB standards (SOX)
- Resolve escalated issues arising from operations requiring coordination with other departments and countries
- Collaborate with the broader internal global mobility team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance from a four-year College or University
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 7 – 10 years post qualified experience
- 3-5 years of direct management experience
- Advanced Excel, knowledge of Oracle EBS or equivalent ERP
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and PCAOB standards for US registered companies (preferred)
- Solid understanding of European statutory accounting and tax reporting requirements
- Ability to analyze complex financial data and present clear and accurate reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player, ability to assist team during peak periods
- High integrity, diligent, conscientious, reliable and dependable
- Results-driven, logical, and methodical approach to achieving tasks and objectives
- Uses initiative to meet and resolve challenges
- Strives for quality and applies process and discipline towards optimizing performance
- Strong planning, organizing, and monitoring abilities
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your CV and Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in this position.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, whilst also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
The statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.