About Charles River Associates
Charles River Associates (CRA) is a leading global consulting firm specializing in economic, financial, and management consulting services to major law firms, corporations, accounting firms and governments around the world. Our diverse group of consultants, industry experts and academics bring a unique combination of cutting-edge research, state-of-the-art methods and proven experience to bear on our clients’ most complex challenges. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for our experience in complex cases and exceptional strength in analytics, and they depend on our objective, fact-based advice for their high-profile, high stakes matters. Our collegial environment, formal and informal learning opportunities, and professional development resources augment your career growth.
CRA’s Risk, Investigations & Analytics Practice executes complex multi-disciplinary client engagements related to investigations, compliance and risk management, and disputes and litigation support. Our team includes former prosecutors and government agents, white-collar crime investigators, forensic accountants, legal, risk and compliance professionals, testifying experts, and data analytics specialists. Our sophisticated data analytics capabilities, combined with our investigative and subject matter expertise, allow us to identify and analyze legal, reputational and commercial risks on behalf of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, regulatory authorities and other organizations worldwide.
We seek a Consulting Associate to join our New York, NY office. Consulting Associates work closely with team members on both financial investigations and litigation and dispute matters and have frequent contact with senior project leadership. Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Investigate and analyze financial and accounting records in support of various financial investigations such as asset misappropriation, corruption or financial statement fraud matters;
- Perform forensic accounting procedures as part of large, multi-disciplinary investigations that incorporate traditional investigative background research, complex data sets, and technical accounting or economic analyses;
- Use economic, accounting and/or financial background to support senior experts and/or to conduct financial analysis of various types of data;
- Facilitate the execution of engagement procedures by providing guidance on task execution, engagement administration and checking work for completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness;
- Prepare and present materials for client proposals and meetings;
- Review and summarize client documents, depositions and other legal documents, analyst reports, and third party financial and industry data to identify key information and discern relevant patterns;
- Assist in the creation, development and quality control of client deliverables including financial analyses, research summaries, expert reports and trial materials.
- Earned bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance (or related field);
- 3-5 years of accounting or finance experience, preferably audit or forensic/litigation consulting;
- CPA designation and/or other relevant certifications strongly preferred;
- Experience analyzing voluminous electronic data,
- Learning-focused outlook to skill development and project delivery;
- History of contribution to dynamic team-based projects;
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Work Location Flexibility
CRA creates a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth, mentorship and inclusivity. At the same time, we realize that individuals realize a range of benefits when working from home periodically. We currently ask that individuals spend 3 to 4 day a week on average working in the office (which may include traveling to another CRA office or to a client's location), with specific days determined in coordination with your practice or team. At certain times of the year (e.g. holiday periods), additional remote work options are offered to those whose work commitments permit it, although our offices remain open for those who choose or need to be there.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AAE). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
The city of New York requires CRA to include a good-faith estimate of the wage range for this role. This range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York office and considers a number of factors including but not limited to experience, education level, and expertise. A good-faith estimate of the base wage range for this role is $95,000 - $110,000; actual total compensation may also include benefits and bonus.