We're Celonis, the global leader in process mining technology, and we’ve delivered enormous value to the world’s largest and most esteemed companies. To continue to help organizations uncover hidden business value opportunities, reduce carbon emissions, and radically improve customer service, we need you to join us.
The Data Pipeline team builds and operates a collection of microservices that ensure a reliable, performant and predictable data flow within our cloud product.
We design, build and maintain the ETL pipeline supporting massive amounts of data intake, services that orchestrate pipeline workers, as well as intuitive UIs and APIs to configure the Celonis Data Integration. Made of a group of highly skilled engineers, we are passionate about reliability and best-in-class resiliency patterns, linear scalability, low latency, and high availability.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to bring their experiences building large scale data pipelines and architecting Java based systems to join our Data Pipeline team.
The work you’ll do:
- Influence the technical vision of the Data Pipeline area
- Lead the design and technical architecture of new distributed and asynchronous data ingestion systems
- Hands-on software development of Java/Spring cloud services
- Receive work in the form of objectives that regularly require innovation around original ideas
- Translate targeted solutions into end-to-end architectural designs
- Independently own multiple large problem spaces with significant ambiguity
- Communicate well to all levels of product development and across the company
- Proactively engage with internal and external peers and management to develop unprecedented solutions
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience architecting and building Java-based multi-cloud SaaS software
- Experience building large scale data pipelines or ETL software
- Streaming and batch data ingestion
- Microservice and event-driven architecture
- Distributed systems
- Relational and transactional databases
- Metric-based observability
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Java, Spring Boot
- Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Docker, Kubernetes
Preferred But Not Required
- Tech Lead experience
- Operating services in both AWS and Azure
- Datadog and SLO-based observability
- GitHub Actions deployment pipeline
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Process Intelligence
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, Asians@Celonis, Latinx@Celonis, Veterans@Celonis and more
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world’s largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.