Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus’ People & Talent Team works to provide excellent benefits to all our employees. We are looking for a Benefits Manager to help build and lead strategy around continuing to offer competitive benefits & perks! This role will report to the Senior Director, Total Rewards and People Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the design, planning, day to day management and communications of benefits programs and initiatives including medical, dental, vision, FSA, HRA, HSA, STD, LTD, Life & AD&D, 401(k) and supplemental programs
- Responsible for leave of absence management for employees including FMLA, ADA, STD, LTD, MPFL, parental, military and other leaves
- Lead a comprehensive assessment of current benefit plans and develop data-driven recommendations for design and cost structure changes to ensure that we maintain a competitive advantage and meet the needs of our team members and the company
- Be a great partner and exchange information with carriers and external brokers for claim and utilization data, enrollment information and negotiating renewals
- Remain current on benefits standard methodologies, trends, changing legal landscape, assess and communicate potential impact on the business along with solutions to address concerns
- Establish and execute wellness strategy to improve our team members’ experience and coordinate planned initiatives and programs
- Be a partner with HR, Payroll, Legal advisors, IT, and Finance teams to support employee engagement, compliance and protect CarGurus’ business interests
- With an eye for important regulations and compliance, you ensure all CarGurus related administrative forms, reports, processes, and audits are completed accurately, timely and in compliance with relevant local, state, federal and provincial regulations for Benefits, HR Record-keeping and audits and compliance
- Functional knowledge of other human resources business processes (HRIS, payroll, time entry).
What You Are:
- 5+ years’ benefits experience with responsibility for the entire function, including design, administration and compliance
- People Management experience required
- Experience with international and domestic benefits administration
- Familiarity with benefit market and benefit trends
- Workday experience preferred
- Experience, knowledge & understanding of HR (local/state/federal) laws
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills to support data analysis and reporting
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively convey messages and ensure employees understand benefits, policies and their accountabilities
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.