Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus, the world’s largest car search platform, is looking for a Content Risk Analyst to join our team. Data and content integrity are critical to the growth of CarGurus expanding global business. This role will be integral in ensuring the consistency of the data and content on the CarGurus platform. You will work closely within Data Integrity and across the organization to help implement best practices and optimize efficiency for the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Investigate instances of integrity violations in the CarGurus sales review pool through the use of internal tools, SQL queries, environmental scanning and fraud detection software
- Enforce Data Integrity policies for dealer reviews by following protocols, documenting and communicating findings with internal stakeholders
- Analyze patterns to determine the participants and sources of review submission schemes
- Measure performance of internal detection methods, adapting processes to yield improved results
- Respond to user reports or integrity inquiries that come through support channels
- Leverage knowledge of existing fraud patterns and trends to develop proactive detection methods in conjunction with our engineering teams
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in dispute resolution, e-commerce, fraud or risk investigations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly, take initiative and be accountable in as fast-paced, evolving team environment
- Possess strong analytic, problem resolution, and communication skills
- Self-motivated in detecting new ways to secure our consumer facing marketplace
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel. Ability to write SQL queries a plus
- Basic understanding of digital forensics, financial fraud detection or a background conducting investigations
- Willingness to contribute to other Data Integrity activities and projects as needed
- Proficiency in French and/or Italian languages a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.