Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- The purpose of this role is to implement small-medium size projects, day to day administration , user training and providing support to the Salesforce Manager and Global Operations Director on the large scale projects
- To ensure that on-going business needs from all the practices and Markets are effectively delivered through the Salesforce system.
- The candidate must have strong requirement gathering, communication, analytical, organizational, salesforce and training skills to work with business users, managers and product.
- To lead the day-to-day administration that also includes changes and enhancements to the existing functionality of our CRM
- Requirement gathering for small-medium size projects, solution design and implementation.
- Implementing changes to Salesforce objects, assignment rules, fields, objects, record types, page layouts, workflows and validations.
- Proactively manage assigned issues and develop remediation plans.
- Working with the Salesforce Platform Manager and our wider business teams to maintain the live system, identify potential system improvements and configuration changes to support data integrity and providing support in rolling out any system changes.
- To take ownership of data quality, designing and overseeing exception reporting to identify potential data omissions / corruption and performing regular database de-duplication and clean-up exercises.
- Conduct adhoc and quarterly training to ensure all users have the basic skills required to use the application.
- To manage the user acceptance testing process, acting as point of contact, and collating testing results from across the business
- To collaborate with external and overseas developers to deliver necessary solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- Has at least 1 year experience as a salesforce consultant (implementing projects) and more than 2 years working as a Salesforce.com administrator, preferably on a complex Salesforce set-up
- Experience on Marketing Cloud is desirable
- Solid understanding of Sales and Service cloud functionality
- Expert in declarative configuration (i.e. Process builder, flows, workflows, validations, formula fields etc.)
- Highly experience around creating complex reports, dashboards and documenting processes
- Advanced skills in manipulating(update, upload, merge) data on Salesforce system
- Has experience of using the Salesforce Data loader for export, insert, upsert and update
- Has a high level of understanding of broad data quality protocols and an ability to view data quality and integrity from a global perspective
- Knowledge of configuration/parameterization and development on the platform (Lightning, VisualForce, APEX, etc.)
- Holds relevant Salesforce qualification:
- ADM201 or ADM211
About the team you’ll work with:
You’ll join a fantastic team of bright, experienced marketing professionals who spread the word about Cabify with energy, positivity and passion.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself.
- And last but not least...free coffee!