Bynder helps visionary brands like Spotify, PUMA, and Icelandair accelerate growth through the power of creative content and branding. Our software helps over 1.4 million creative, branding and marketing professionals streamlining the creation, distribution and measurement of digital assets. We pioneered the SaaS model for Digital Asset Management, which is a large and growing part of the $121 billion martech industry. Bynder is backed by Insight Partners, with offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Rotterdam, San Carlos, London, Barcelona and Dubai.
A Technical Project Manager is responsible for a smooth, seamless, and successful experience for Customers integrating Bynder with other adjacent technologies. With a mix of diverse people skills and proven technical aptitude, the Technical Project Manager sets our largest customers up for long term success.
The purpose of this role is to drive customer satisfaction and adoption by providing consultation and best practices around how our customers can best integrate Bynder with their adjacent technologies in their martech stack. Technical Project Managers work closely together with Sales, Engineering, Product, and Customer Success to ensure a great all-round experience for our customers. They are seen as the go-to integrations, API, and custom technical work experts within the Customer Success Organization. Technical Project Managers also scope custom work and develop SOWs for that work.
A great Technical Project Manager is highly customer focused, flexible, and results driven. A Technical Project Manager has both extensive Bynder product knowledge and adjacent technology knowledge, and fully understands the power and potential of a connected digital ecosystem for the Bynder customer base. They can manage multiple large scale projects at once and keep deadlines. They can handle escalations, communicate with both technical and
What you will do:
- Provide API and Integrations guidance for clients at all levels, tailoring approach accordingly
- Engage with strategic customers on custom API and integration projects, developing Scopes of Work as applicable
- Develop and help deliver API- and integration consultation and best practices at scale, ensuring that all customers understand benefits of an integrated solution and know the steps to achieve it
- Manage technical projects within strategic customer engagements
- Collaborate with a variety of internal and customer stakeholders to creatively solve Bynder and Webdam customers’ most complex integration and automation problems, especially those outside core service offerings
- Consult with customers to determine business needs, develop Statements of Work, and manage execution of technical projects
- Develop and execute plans, coordinating internal resources and identifying gaps while balancing level of effort with current and future revenue opportunities
- Lead technical projects for customers and deliver projects on time and within scope
- Serve as an internal Subject Matter Expert on existing integrations and customers’ digital ecosystems
- Build solution-specific playbooks to shorten customers’ time to value for strategic integrations
- Lead internal trainings and enablement activities
- Provide multi-faced support both to customers and internal teams, including resolving problems, explaining products and services, training on use of software, configuration of software, troubleshooting
- Communicate effectively with roles at all levels of the organization, including Customer Success, Sales, Partnerships, and Product/Engineering, identifying critical paths, gaps, risk, and opportunity
- Regularly synthesize and communicate TPM findings for Engineering/Product
- Create a synthesis of your experiences with customers, with a focus on learnings that can be “productized”
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs related to the API and integrations, providing data-based feedback and patterns to internal stakeholders, especially Product
What you bring:
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in customer-facing Enterprise SaaS Implementation, Technical Support, Consulting and/or Technical Project Management role
- Three (3) years of overseeing strategic integrations with content management systems, product information management systems, ecommerce sites, content delivery networks, digital experience platforms and/or project management systems
- Experience with digital ecosystem design
- Experience with modern APIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; you'll be on the phone with and emailing clients every day
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to comprehend and explain technical concepts, especially to non-technical people
- An obsession with providing the best in class Customer Experience
What we bring:
We’re proud to be a Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group. The secret to our success is simple – we combine a great product with the best co-workers in Silicon Valley. Innovation is in our DNA. We've worked hard to build an environment that promotes creative thinking and self-initiative within a culture of fun.
Our beautiful new office in vibrant San Carlos is open for business, but we don’t believe Byndies must be in the office to crush their goals. A hybrid approach creates the best balance. If Byndies feel they are more productive in their home office, they can choose to work in that environment -- or work in a combination of the two.
At Bynder this summer, we will also be moving to a 4-day working week to help with our mental, physical and emotional well-being.
Benefits and Perks:
- Fun, casual work environment
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% Company-paid medical, dental, vision, and life coverage for you and your family
- 401(k) - dollar for dollar match up to 6%
- Commuter benefits
- Referral bonus plans
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Room to advance in a high-growth tech company
- Competitive compensation
- “Super Summer Fridays” a Four-Day Workweek Program
Bynder Love is the principle that guides the way we grow our teams, support our employees, and celebrate our differences. At Bynder we strive to create a culture that embraces every Byndie because differences in background, experience, and perspective makes Bynder even better. At Bynder a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, whatever their ethnicity, color, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or physical and mental ability are valued and respected. Our commitment is for all Byndies to have the freedom to be their true authentic selves.
Just as we are never finished innovating, Bynder’s dedication to being An Even Better Bynder is a constant, evolving commitment that includes education, listening, and action.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V