Bynder goes far beyond managing digital assets. Our digital asset management platform enables teams to conquer the chaos of proliferating content, touchpoints, and relationships in order to thrive.
With powerful and intuitive solutions that embrace the way people want to work, and a richly integrated ecosystem, We are the brand ally that unifies and transforms the creation and sharing of assets, inspiring teams, delighting customers, and elevating businesses.
Our 500+ employees, known as ‘Byndies’, together constitute the world’s most extensive pool of digital asset management expertise. We enable more than 1.7M users across more than 3,700 organizations, including Spotify, Puma, Five Guys and Icelandair.
Founded in 2013, we have eight offices around the globe, including the Netherlands, USA, Spain, UK, Australia and UAE. For more information, visit www.bynder.com.
About the role:
Our SAAS platform is seen as one of the best in the DAM industry and we attribute a big part of our success to the talented and hardworking engineers we have in our tech teams. We are becoming one of the fastest-growing scale-ups of The Netherlands and have big plans and the ambition to be the fastest-growing scale-up in the world. This is why we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who would like to grow with us!
As a Data Engineer at Bynder you will work closely with Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Software Engineers and DevOps Engineers, and anyone who uses data driven insights in their work. We are looking for someone who will help us develop data pipelines and build self-serve data tools for our internal stakeholders and customers. In this role you will see the direct impact of your work on our initiatives in improving the Bynder product, growing the customer base, and providing insights to our internal stakeholders.
What will you do:
- Take a leading role in the improvement of our Data architecture.
- Develop, scale, maintain and deploy our data platform infrastructure in the cloud.
- Take a leading role in applying Data Lineage and Governance throughout the organisation.
- Advocate for Data Quality throughout the organisation.
- Support the entire Product & Engineering organisation
- Optimise the cost of managing and storing data.
- Develop custom ETL pipelines, detect anomalies, and create optimised aggregations for analysis and dash boarding.
What will you bring as a Data Engineer:
Minimum of 5+ years of Data Engineering experience and furthermore hands-on experienced in:
- Designing Data Platforms and taking architectural decisions, leading the way towards better data ecosystems.
- Applying Data Governance and Data Lineage best practices.
- Developing data flows for the processing of data at scale.
- Using industry standard data pipelining tools (Spark, Kafka, Glue).
- Working with AWS (S3, Glue, Athena, Redshift, EMR, etc.).
- Using data/task orchestration tools (Airflow).
- Cloud computing-based data cloud solutions (Snowflake).
- Using infrastructure-as-code solutions (Terraform).
- Partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists and devops in defining a modern data architecture.
- Exposure to data science is a plus.
What will you bring as a colleague:
- A critical thinking mindset and the courage to speak your mind.
- A growth mindset and the determination to improve yourself and others.
- Great communication skills in English.
What we offer:
- Challenging and inspiring work environment
- Flat hierarchy where your voice will be truly heard
- Opportunity to initiate your own projects
- An experienced team which is ready to welcome you anytime
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive monthly compensation
- Apple gear
- Daily lunch
- Hybrid working environment: we have a great office in the city centre of Barcelona.
Bynder Love is the principle that guides the way we grow our teams, support our employees, and celebrate our differences. At Bynder we strive to create a culture that embraces every Byndie because differences in background, experience, and perspective make Bynder even better. At Bynder a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, whatever their ethnicity, color, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or physical and mental ability are valued and respected. Our commitment is for all Byndies to have the freedom to be their true authentic selves.
Just as we are never finished innovating, Bynder’s commitment to being An Even Better Bynder is a constant, evolving commitment that includes education, listening, and action.