Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of four public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. We believe academic achievement empowers our students to live choice-filled lives and enhances their ability to contribute to creating a just world. In a culture of achievement, educators support students in recognizing and building on their identities as sources of strength even as they work to grow and achieve in new ways.
What is the Middle School Science Teacher Role?
As a middle school science teacher at Brooke, you are part of a team that sets the tone for student growth and learning. You are the leader of your classroom and build strong relationships with students in order to push them to be their best selves both academically and personally. You crave feedback, think deeply about instruction, and collaborate with colleagues in order to meet the needs of every student. To that end, you will take part in regular data meetings, engage in approximately 20 administrative observations, and participate in nearly 300 hours of professional development over the course of the school year.
Hours for this role are 7:15 am - 4:20 pm daily.
Salaries are competitive with local districts, starting at $66k. Commensurate with experience. Science teachers will also earn an additional $3,000 stipend for teaching a high-need subject area.
Is This You?
- You are committed to uprooting racism through academics, equipping our students with tools to advocate for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future. Read more about how we are working on this at Brooke here
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree
- You know the importance of building a joyful classroom culture where students are held to high behavioral and academic expectations. See what this looks like in action at Brooke here
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues
- You are able to start in July 24, 2023
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world in which we live.