Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of four public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. We believe academic achievement empowers our students to live choice-filled lives and enhances their ability to contribute to creating a just world. In a culture of achievement, educators support students in recognizing and building on their identities as sources of strength even as they work to grow and achieve in new ways.
What is the School Psychologist Role?
As a School Psychologist at Brooke, you provide direct support to individual and small groups of students in the areas of social skills, self-regulation, self-advocacy, etc and create and implement positive behavioral plans. You collaborate with stakeholders including serving as a liaison between the school, student, parent, and external agencies, as well as engaging parents and teachers as partners in students' therapeutic interventions. You conduct comprehensive evaluations including cognitive, academic, attention, social/emotional and functional behavior assessments and conduct classroom screening to assist teachers in planning effective educational strategies for all students. You participate actively in IEP and Child Study Team meetings in order to produce comprehensive and appropriate educational plans for students, make referrals to external agencies and appropriate programs for students in need of support services, and provide crisis intervention for students, which may include risk assessments, safety contracts and social service interventions. You may also perform other related duties as requested by the principal.
Salaries start at $90k and are commensurate with experience.
You must hold an appropriate license issued by the Massachusetts Board of Allied Mental Health Professionals as an Educational Psychologist, national certification from the National Association of School Psychologists, or receive a passing score on the National School Psychology exam.
Is This You?
- You are committed to uprooting racism through academics, equipping our students with tools to advocate for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future. Read more about how we are working on this at Brooke here
- You have extensive knowledge of child development and age-appropriate social and emotional skills
- You have demonstrated competency in the theory, administration, and interpretation of standardized instruments
- You have the ability to efficiently write comprehensive and informative reports that contain appropriate educational goals
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues
- You are able to start July of 2024
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.