Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. We believe academic achievement empowers our students to live choice-filled lives and enhances their ability to contribute to creating a just world. In a culture of achievement, educators support students in recognizing and building on their identities as sources of strength even as they work to grow and achieve in new ways.
What is the Network COVID Nurse Role?
Nursing Department Coordination
- Helping to coordinate and lead weekly nursing department meetings related to COVID implementation
- Draft sample communications for nurses to support their communications with staff and families
- Help troubleshoot issues that arise in the implementation of COVID protocols
- Serve as the primary coverage plan when school nurses are absent or on field trips
COVID Pooled Testing Oversight
- Run Brooke’s pooled testing program including relationship management, supply ordering, test reporting, and waiver tracking
- Perform on site pooled testing weekly at each school site
Binax Now Testing Support
- Help with the development and implementation of tracking tools related to waivers and test results for Binax now testing
- When necessary, perform Binax now testing at sites
- Train nursing staff on Binax implementation
- Oversee the tracking of staff and student vaccination records
- Produce regular reports on vaccination rates across schools
- Arrange regular vaccination clinics for students, families and staff to support increasing vaccination rates
- Track COVID test results for unvaccinated staff
- Support school nurses with mandated screening requirements
Salary is commensurate with experience with the range for this role being between $55-65k. This is a temporary one year role through late June 2022.
Is This You?
- You believe in the importance of uprooting racism through academics, equipping our students with tools to advocate for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future. Read more about how we are working on this at Brooke here
- You hold an RN license and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR are a Licensed Practical Nurse
- You are professional, warm, and emotionally composed with students, families, and colleagues
- You are a team player with strong organizational skills who craves feedback and opportunities for growth
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel)
- You are able to start immediately
We have instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all staff working in our network. All staff must either be vaccinated or must get tested by their own arrangement and submit evidence of a negative test each week.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.