Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students shatter the achievement gap and graduate from college. Our students thrive because they are challenged and known.
What is the Director of Data Role?
The Director of Data (DoD) reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The DoD owns the development and management of data systems for the Brooke network. In addition, the DoD gathers and analyzes data in order to help solve problems and inform new initiatives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and oversee the network’s use of third-party platforms including PowerSchool (student data, grading, attendance), PanoramaEd (student, parent, staff surveys), Tableau (data analysis software), IRIS Connect (video recording system), Clever (integrates student data with ed tech applications), and DeansList (discipline system software)
- Collect and analyze the results of network-wide academic assessments using Excel, Google Sheets and Tableau
- Report academic, demographic, and other data to government agencies and private foundations including state SIMS, EPIMS, & SSDR reporting
- Develop reports for distribution to stakeholders (staff, board, parents, and external audiences)
- Develop dashboards to help understand and monitor performance and climate on a variety of metrics throughout the network and communicate it succinctly to stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with school leaders and network teams including HR-Finance, Talent, and Development to improve data dashboards, visualization to influence overall decision making with said data
- Work with the COO to evaluate processes related to data collection and data platforms and identify opportunities for improved efficiencies
- Lead beginning-of-year professional development sessions at each campus on third-party platforms (PS, DL, IRIS) and provide ongoing support to teachers and operations teams regarding technical questions with these platforms
- Coordinate report card process at K-8 campuses with COO, Operations teams, and Principals
- Create, distribute, and analyze surveys, teacher evaluations, and the resulting data using PanoramaEd and Google Sheets
Is This You?
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of professional experience
- Solid understanding of simple statistical analysis and data visualization
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheet skills
- Responsibility to work without frequent supervision and to independently determine which tasks are most important
- Ability to express technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Constructive interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to Brooke's mission and dedication to serving Boston’s students
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity/prior experience with Tableau software
- Professional experience in statistical analysis or social science
- Experience as a classroom teacher
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- Strong statistical programming language skills (R, Stata, etc.)
- Familiarity with relational databases (SQL, Oracle, etc.)
Be sure to submit your application in time for our next priority deadline on February 24th!
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.