Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for an Agile Project Manager to innovate, win, and grow with us!
As a member of the Legal Spend Management (LSM) group you will responsible for planning, organizing, tracking agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to Bottomline’s customers. You will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions with a heavy focus on DevOps interactions.
- At a business line level, leading and managing large, complex projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate process, and tools as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project teams
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, you will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability. You will work closely with the Cloud Engineering Manager, Director of Quality Engineering, and will report directly to the VP of Development.
How you’ll contribute:
- Proactively track and manage release readiness activities including Product, Development and DevOps items
- Maintain and report on release level risks via weekly status forums
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Facilitate communications between the LSM DevOps Teams and stakeholders
- Review and preparation of the LSM DevOps backlog
What will make you successful:
- Superior interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Expertise in Agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban
- Knowledge of the deliverables associated with a formal SDLC and/or SSDLC
- Technical proficiency with SharePoint, the MS Office Suite, MS Project/Visio, and the Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Self-starter attitude
- Ability to write business and/or technical documentation
- Level of technical and business background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to effectively communicate to large and small groups, and individuals of all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent is preferred
- Preferred certifications: Agile Certified Scrum Master, PMI Certification and Certified Agile Service Manager
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBottomline