Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for Principal Production Support Engineer to innovate, win, and grow with us in!
Bottomline Technologies Digital Banking and Business Solutions division serves a variety of top-tier banks and financial institutions. We provide our customers with web-based software for online banking, payments management, cash management, treasury, and accounts payable automation. With the upcoming integration of Paymode-X and utilization of the new NGI platform into Digital Banking we are seeking an incredible new team member to fulfil support and ensure customer delight
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver production support and solutions to the BT customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving technical customer inquiries via phone, and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Enterprise Banking Platform.
How you’ll contribute:
- As a Principal Support Engineer, you will offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- You are expected to be an expert member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues, with a primary focus to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid customer issues.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Work in a complex environment, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Recognize and analyze problems of high complexity, and communicate findings to customers and product development
- Manage multiple requests with competing priorities
- Conduct root cause analysis and correlation of other system and/or application problems
- Be driven to learn and understand the business problem as well as the product problem
- Maintain up to date support case records and customer information by utilizing our Customer Support Management System (Salesforce)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment
What will make you successful:
- Experience with web technologies, middleware such as WebLogic/WebSphere and popular RDBMS systems
- Performing operational systems analysis, implement real-time anomaly resolution
- Serving as Responsible System Engineer (RSE) / Performance Monitoring Engineer (PME) for designated systems
- Reviewing performance data and providing standard operating procedure updates
- Maintaining and developing needed tools and scripts
- Developing and validating operational procedures
- Supporting technical and engineering tasks related to system hardware
- Reviewing factory design and development activity for impacts to system operability
- Supporting anomaly resolution by being on call on a 24x7 basis
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and communicate technical documentation / information, both written and orally
- Strong knowledge of databases (preferably Oracle), understand schemas, database structures and ability to write and debug SQL queries
- Previous experience within a financial institution preferred
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an accredited institution; and 10+ years of relevant technical experience in an engineering field such as mechanical, electrical, computer science, or optical engineering
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBottomline