The Level 3 Support Engineer position at Bottomline Technologies is a challenging and rewarding one. In this role you will work with various software and systems to triage and analyze difficult problems, many based in Production environments. Resolution of these issues – which includes planning, implementation, testing, and documentation – will be made either by the L3 engineer directly or escalated to the development team; this will depend on the system and issue at hand. Working with new technologies, finding patterns to recurring problems and suggesting/implementing improvements to prevent them, and collaborating with others - from project managers to system administrators – are just some of the benefits that this role has to offer. Level 3 Engineers are vital to Bottomline’s success as they provide timely and efficient fixes and updates to keep our customers happy.
This position is based at our Bangalore, India office.
- Analyzing custom configurations as well as shared components to identify defects in one or both of Bottomline’s online account opening solutions
- Implementing fixes for defects
- Contributing to internal tools/reports that improve L3’s support of both internal and external customers
- Creating/updating documentation and wiki articles
- Providing regular updates to Customer Service about the status of support requests
- Speaking directly to our financial institution customers when technical issues need clarification
- Rotating on call schedule (on average one week a month)
- Graduate/Post graduate (in CS or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of web development experience
- Solid experience in developing web applications using HTML, DHTML, AJAX and CSS
- Good understanding of RDBMS concepts; development experience in Oracle, MySQL or similar enterprise
- Java experience (specifically server-side J2EE technologies such as JSP, EJB, etc.)
- Hibernate experience a plus
- Linux or other UNIX based OS experience a plus
- ColdFusion experience a plus
- SOA principals with experience using web service technologies (SOAP, WSDL, etc.) a plus
- AGILE familiarity – particularly SCRUM – a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences
About Bottomline Technologies:
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.