Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist to innovate, win, and grow with us.
As a member of the Central Data & Analytics team you will work on advanced Machine Learning (ML) projects across the Global Business Services (GBS) line of business, with focus on productionising these innovative solutions into our new and existing product modules.
How you’ll contribute:
- Research and identify optimal new machine learning solutions to complex business problems with focus on improving inference and reducing costs
- Enable implementation of POC models developed by Data Scientists into actual production by working closely with the Applications Development teams
- Collaborate closely on a cross-functional team and mentor, support the team of data scientists and analysts
- Assist lines of businesses in evaluating scenarios and plan scope, feasibility, and approaches of potential ML solutions for each scenario
- Provide best practices and technical support for implementation, focused on stated business outcomes
- Ideation with cutting age mathematical and Machine Learning packages trained on business data to create insights and address customers’ pain points
What will make you successful:
- Strong background in dynamic programming and network (graph) theory, optimisation techniques at both theoretical and computational levels
- Highly proficient in at least one compiled language (Java, C#, C++, Scala) and Python
- A completed graduate degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or any other heavily numerate subject
- Understanding of the full software development life-cycle (conduct data analysis and build large-scale machine-learning models/pipelines)
- Ability to present suggested approaches and results – focused on business value
- Experience in optimizing space/time trade-offs for computationally expensive processes
- Familiar with Agile software development process as well as Dual Track Agile
- Experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark), large relational and NoSQL databases
- Extensive knowledge in data processing, Machine Learning, and data structures
- Experience in quantitative analysis and translation of findings into actionable insights
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.