Who are we?
At Bottomline we believe that the way business trade and transact should be much simpler, faster and more secure. Specifically, the manner in which they pay, and get paid, and many of the surrounding processes are mired in legacy technology, processes and practices and ripe for disrupting with the intelligent application of the right technology.
For our PCM market we target large, multi-national organisations who have challenges managing multiple banks and payment partners across multiple countries. They have a need for solutions that give them central connectivity, visibility and control over this complex playing field.
Our obsession is in solving these issues for our target markets and we believe that the advent of cloud technologies, artificial intelligence and digitisation provides us with the right technology tools to do so.
If you are a product manager maybe at the outset of your career, or a more seasoned professional, and you feel like this is a mission you could help on then read on.
How do we “do” product in Bottomline?
At Bottomline we believe that the Best Product Wins. By this we mean that the only long term sustainable way to grow a business is to have products that solve real business problems and surprise and delight our customers. We know this isn’t easy, and we don’t always get it quite right, but we are on an unrelenting quest to continuously improve, innovate and invent to create products that delight.
The engine room for this is our Product and Development organisation, to quote Marty Cagan;
“Great products require an intense collaboration of product management, design and engineering to solve real problems for our users and customers and to meet the needs of our business”………
“…..behind every great product there is someone – usually someone behind the scenes, working tirelessly – who led the product team to combine technology and design to solve real customer problems…..”
So one person above all needs to care about creating the Best Product. That person for us is The Product Manager.
As Product Manager – PCM Solutions you'll be focused on driving the product discovery to delivery process to ensure we deliver the best, most innovative solution to meet the market opportunity laid out by the Market Development team.
In this role, you will:
- Have full ownership of aligning and leading multiple cross functional teams to deliver the best possible PCM solution. This will require a skill in managing across departments and breaking down hurdles and barriers to achieve your goals.
- Develop a strategic vision of how we can achieve best in class PCM solutions, in particular leveraging new technologies such as AI and RPA to help drive control and efficiency for our customers. Managing the full product lifecycle.
- Create a roadmap that speaks to this long-term vision, working with our Market Development and global teams to align to business goals, while creating space and quick wins for short-term gains.
- Bring this roadmap to life with a hands-on approach to Product Management, working closely with the engineering team as PO to have a detailed understanding of the problems, opportunities and solutions.
- Help lead the way for how we approach new markets, adapting our user journeys to meet local needs while still offering a fantastic service to our customers.
Experience and Attributes
- You'll have substantial experience building digital, SaaS products in an agile/scrum environment.
- You'll have strong experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- You'll have a proven track record of being a great communicator, working with different stakeholders from across the business.
- You’ll have the tenacity, drive and commitment to manage expectations within a fast moving and vigorous environment.
- You will have domain experience in Treasury or Payments/Cash Management.
- Ability to work with teams across different offices and countries.
- Prepared to travel to customer sites and different BT offices (multi-geographies) – it is anticipated that travel will be approximately 30% of your time.