You will have the opportunity to work on the UK’s leading cloud-based payments and business solutions suite. Bottomline Technologies delivers compelling user experiences built with modern UI technologies to businesses and organisations around the world. We’re looking to add the right individual to lead our highly-skilled and dedicated UI Development team.
As a UI Manager at Bottomline, you will contribute to one of Bottomline’s key Platforms, with architecture, security, accessibility, and performance as your key areas of focus. You will work closely with Product Owners, Engineering, Design, and UX specialists to deliver experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of one of Bottomline’s key UI platform roadmaps.
- Be active in all stages of end-to-end SaaS development lifecycle; from technical discovery, evaluation, and estimation; through to delivery and deployment.
- Lead and mentor the UI development team to continually improve UI processes and practices for new and existing software products.
- Partner with the wider development, QA, operations and architecture groups, designing and developing robust software applications to deploy to the cloud.
- Join and advocate for our global UX/UI development team; promoting and communicating standards and best practices locally, and managing changes in technology which may have cross-impacts across our applications.
- Create prototypes and proof of concepts to drive the future state of one of Bottomline’s platforms.
- Work closely with UX/UI to design and implement patterns for new functionality. Refine component specifications and translate those designs into reusable UI Components.
- Support the team by engaging in planning and grooming sessions with the goal of ensuring consistent and predictable delivery.
- Work with Product Managers, Technical Leads, Solution Architects, Software and Quality Engineers, and UX Designers in a dynamic, fast paced, and highly collaborative Agile Scrum environment.
Key Skills and Technical Competencies
- An advocate of clean, valid, maintainable, and semantically correct HTML and CSS.
- Deep understanding of React and the overall React ecosystem.
- Experience with Backbone and Marionette is a plus.
- Working knowledge of CSS frameworks LESS and JSS.
- Knowledge of web architecture including HTTP, REST, AJAX and experience with microservices.
- Front-end build and packaging tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Grunt or Gulp.
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing tools and techniques.
- Producing prototypes and undertaking technical spikes.
- In-depth knowledge of the capabilities of Internet Explorer 11, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome.
- Deep understanding of Mobile First development practices.
- Experience with building WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant web applications.
- Understanding of backend technologies (e.g. NodeJS, NGINX, .NET, Java, etc.) is a plus.
Personal & Leadership Characteristics
- Strong technical thought leadership delivering and influencing adoption of reusable components.
- Demonstrate solution and technical design authority with a strong passion for delivering the best outcomes.
- Natural enthusiasm for technology is a central characteristic, as is being up to date with the latest trends, technologies and techniques.
- Performs well under pressure with excellent time managements skills.
- Challenges ideas and arguments, advocates progress and innovation.
- Highly collaborative, detail oriented, and inquisitive, valuing continuous improvement.
- Active listening techniques, setting clear expectations and follow through, building trust with stakeholders, developers and the wider team.
- Takes pride in your own work and that of the team.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent studies in modern technologies
- Substantial experience with developing applications with particular focus on front-end development
- Proficient experience as a UI Development Team Lead or Senior Developer
- Management of direct reports is a plus
- Online portfolio or live example of work required
What We Offer
- Flexible working opportunities
- Modern work space with fully stocked tea and coffee, daily fruit and healthy snacks
- Regular company social events, including a Bottomline Garden Party to meet all of our families in celebration
- Reduced rates on gym membership, cinema tickets, travel and fitness
- Private medical entitlement and competitive personal pension scheme
- A company that is dedicated to supporting, nurturing and growing its people
- A perfect opportunity to join us and help shape the future!
Bottomline Technologies (NASDAQ: EPAY), an innovator in business payment automation technology for 30 years, eliminates that struggle by helping companies make complex business payments simple, smart and secure.
The proof of our success lies in the fact that Bottomline’s solutions are being used by thousands of companies in 92 countries to simplify and streamline payment processes, dramatically improve cash management and rapidly gain full control over payments. That’s billions of transactions processing trillions of dollars of payments every single year.
Corporations and Banks worldwide rely on Bottomline for domestic and international payments, efficient cash management, fraud detection, regulatory compliance and more. Serving industries such as Financial Services, Insurance, Health Care, Technology, Communications, Education, Media, Manufacturing and Government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.