Full-time, Nijmegen, NL (either in office or hybrid)
Hurry up! We’ve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is a rapidly growing international SaaS startup in search of an ambitious and motivated Cloud Engineer to help maintain and expand our cloud infrastructure. Leveraging your technical expertise, as well as your strong commitment to security and continuous improvement, your role will be critical to ensuring optimal performance across our platform.
In this role, you will:
- Monitor, maintain, and continuously improve upon our multi-region AWS cloud infrastructure, which is currently running in 6 regions with high availability across 3 availability zones per region.
- Oversee billions of requests per day, ensuring optimal performance to provide users with real-time insights across huge data sets.
- Expand our automation capabilities, making recommendations around auto-healing issues, auto-recovery, auto-scaling, and much more.
- Perform ongoing research to identify opportunities for improving our overall infrastructure and increasing the visibility of activity within our production environments.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least 3 years of experience as a Cloud Engineer within a B2B SaaS environment, and preferably handling large datasets, high loads, excellent performance.
- Good knowledge of – and hands-on experience with – AWS services (such as CloudFront, Config, EC2, ECS, GuardDuty, Lambda, SES, and/or SNS).
- Good experience with Linux.
- Familiar with infrastructure-as-code tools (such as Terraform and/or CloudFormation).
- Familiar with enterprise-grade configuration management tools (such as SaltStack, Ansible, and/or Puppet).
- Experience with automation first approach.
- Excellent communication skills, with full fluency in English (written and oral).
- Strong commitment to security and enforcing it across all aspects of your work.
- High level of flexibility within a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- You are flexible and willing to perform on-call duties every 4 to 5 weeks.
You will be a great fit if you:
- Are comfortable with – and like – technology, and are genuinely excited about the BlueConic mission and the customer data platform opportunity.
- Embody BlueConic’s values in spades: Grit. Humility. Collaboration. Intellectual curiosity. Passion. Accountability.
Reasons to join us:
- Help build the best company in marketing technology, period.
- Be part of a fast-growing team.
- Join early and help shape this function as it expands and grows.
- Possibilities to work remotely.
Founded and built in the Netherlands with a US-based headquarters, BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform that gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes, providing the solution for challenges marketers haven’t been able to solve for years. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels and, with more than 300 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions.
As a group, we are driven by “building the dream” - the collective passion, ethic, vision, and set of values channeled by a group to achieve a common goal of being extraordinary. Our goal is for BlueConic to be a fun, productive, welcoming, and safe space where BlueCrew members of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, life experiences, nationalities, ages, religions, and beliefs are empowered to be able to make an outsized impact every day – for customers, for partners, for employees.
To join the BlueCrew is to:
- Enjoy hard work and seek out a challenge.
- Care deeply about your colleagues, the mission, and your results.
- Draw energy from the task at hand and radiate it to motivate the people around you.
- Have amazing ideas and be able to bring them to fruition.
- Prioritize hustle over title and results over resumes.
- Balance the pragmatic and systematic, repeatability and opportunism.
- Refuse to compromise on quality, honesty, or dedication.
- Insist on the highest caliber deliverables, especially when sharing externally, even when it seems excessive or nit-picky.