Full-time, Nijmegen or remote if you are located in the Netherlands

Hurry up! We’ve got a dream to build!

BlueConic is an international start-up that’s growing fast. Due to this growth we are looking for colleagues to work within, and contribute to, our teams of dedicated Software Engineers, building our market-leading software. This job will open up new horizons for you and it will give you the chance to work on the best Customer Data Platform in the world.

About the job
We’re looking for both starting and experienced Software Engineers to join our Scrum teams. As part of one of those teams you will help us architect, build and scale our software. You will work on development tasks in Java, JavaScript, and Node.js, while using technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS). As a Software Engineer at Blue Conic you will explore new technologies and tools and make recommendations about the right selection and use of technologies. Naturally you will pro-actively participate in Scrum ceremonies and help creating ambitious and realistic quarterly plans together with your team.

We are looking for someone with at least some of the following skills:

• Experience with developing in Java and/or Node.js
  • Experience with creating and designing RESTful APIs
  • Experience with JavaScript UI frameworks or libraries, mobile development, Python
  • Experience in a high-traffic DevOps environment where code needs to be continually optimized and improved
  • Experience with distributed data systems like Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, Solr, Docker and/or Amazon Web services
  • Experience with Big Data and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence

You will be a great fit if you:

• You have real enthusiasm and passion for software development
  • You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics or another related beta study
  • You have good communication skills in English
  • You are solution-oriented and think in (practical) architectures
  • You keep up to date with the newest technologies and are not afraid to explore and try new things
  • You are a real team-player and a helpful person

About BlueConic:

Founded and built in the Netherlands with a US-based headquarters, BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform that gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes, providing the solution for challenges marketers haven’t been able to solve for years. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels and, with more than 300 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions.

As a group, we are driven by “building the dream” - the collective passion, ethic, vision, and set of values channeled by a group to achieve a common goal of being extraordinary. Our goal is for BlueConic to be a fun, productive, welcoming, and safe space where BlueCrew members of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, life experiences, nationalities, ages, religions, and beliefs are empowered to be able to make an outsized impact every day – for customers, for partners, for employees.

To join the BlueCrew is to:

• Enjoy hard work and seek out a challenge.
  • Care deeply about your colleagues, the mission, and your results.
  • Draw energy from the task at hand and radiate it to motivate the people around you.
  • Have amazing ideas and be able to bring them to fruition.
  • Prioritize hustle over title and results over resumes.
  • Balance the pragmatic and systematic, repeatability and opportunism.
  • Refuse to compromise on quality, honesty, or dedication.
  • Insist on the highest caliber deliverables, especially when sharing externally, even when it seems excessive or nit-picky.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Voluntary Demographics

Our goal is for BlueConic to be a fun, productive, welcoming, and safe space where BlueCrew members of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, life experiences, nationalities, ages, religions, and beliefs are empowered to be able to make an outsized impact every day. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring practices.

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to fill them out, the responses will be used (in aggregate only) to help us to measure the effectiveness of our efforts and identify areas for improvement in our process. Your responses, or your choice to not answer, will not be associated with your specific application and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision.

I identify my gender as (mark all that apply): *

I identify my sexual orientation as: *

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply): *

Veteran Status: *

I have a physical disability or chronic condition (physical, visual, auditory, cognitive, mental, emotional, or other) that limits one or more of my major life activities, including mobility, communication, and/or learning: *

I identify as a person who is generally underrepresented in the technology industry on the basis of race/ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, disability status, family status, etc. (Select one) *

Our system has flagged this application as potentially being associated with bot traffic. Please turn off any VPNs, clear your browser cache and cookies, or try submitting your application in a different browser. If this issue persists, please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.