ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across 7 countries with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our flock and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Analytical Operations (AO) flock is all about working collaboratively and getting the stuff done. Whether it’s testing samples to support our partner teams, lifecycle management of methods, or supporting tech transfers and investigations, we are driven by the ultimate goal of delivering therapies that transform the lives of patients. Come work with a talented, dedicated, and compassionate group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do enjoy collaborating with a team of likeminded scientists!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Analytical Operations Oncology bird, you will be part of the Analytical Development department and reporting to the lead of the Cytometry and Drug Product Assay Team. You'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leading operations of routine testing for LVV-based gene and cell (CAR T/TCR) therapy programs to support the analytical needs bluebird bio’s Cellular Process Development Team (and potentially other internal teams as needed) using established cell-based immunoassays, including, but not limited to Flow Cytometry, VCN and Luminex assays
- Building and leading a small group of associate scientists, mentoring/managing their daily activities, providing technical leadership and managing multiple projects.
- Leading internal and external transfer activities of Cell-based Immunoassays and supporting our Method Development and Qualification Team with assay qualifications/validations.
- Supporting the Cellular Process Development Team and other internal teams with development and optimization of Flow Cytometry panels for characterization and in-process testing and support of analysis and interpretation of Cytometry data on an as-needed basis
- Implementing best practices for Flow Cytometry and Cell-based Immunoassays.
- Communicating scientific data and concepts effectively through presentations, protocols, test methods and reports. May contribute to the writing and review of regulatory submissions.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have a PH.D or a MS with 8+ years of biotech industry experience or a BS with 10+ years of biotech industry experience in Immunology, Virology, Cell Biology or related fields
- Have experience in Flow Cytometry (including but not limited to experimental design and execution, panel design and development, data analysis and flow cytometry instrument operation and maintenance), familiarity with data analysis software such as FlowJo/FCS Express/FACSDiva
- Have experience in a variety of other cell-based immunoassays (including, but not limited to Luminex-type assays, T-cell stimulation, co-culture assays and lentiviral transductions)as well as molecular biology assays, such as qPCR and ddPCR
- Are interested in managing, mentoring, and training direct report(s)
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.