ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Compensation Manager (Contract)
This role is for a 3-month contract position.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Compensation & Benefits flock is all about working as a team to provide the support and tools for our birds to do their jobs better! Whether it’s making sure recommendations are made or efficiencies are built, we are driven by adding value day to day. Come work with a creative group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do learning more about each other!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Compensation Manager bird reporting to the Senior Director, Total Rewards, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Driving the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentive programs.
- Successfully Manage global survey information, monitoring and evaluating benchmark data in the biotech industry and recommend changes as appropriate to maintain a competitive market position and internal equity
- Support job architecture including levels and global pay ranges. Provide proactive change management and ongoing management of global job catalog.
- Conduct robust and meaningful analysis for management to use in making decisions related to compensation.
- Develop communication materials and supporting analysis for presentations to the Compensation Committee and senior executives.
- Participate in other Compensation, HR and business projects.
- Other related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Are experienced and demonstrably strong in compensation in high growth environments
- Are familiar with systems solutions and integration of various technologies.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to review, analyze, and interpret data drawn from multiple sources to make effective recommendations and influence decision making
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.