ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The In Vivo Sciences flock is all about generating impactful preclinical data. Whether it’s making sure we are collaboratively communicating, rigorously designing and executing experiments, or urgently pushing a project to the clinic, we are driven by compassionately caring for one another and patients. Come work with an energetic group of birds who love rising to the challenge, as much as we love to support one another inside and outside of the nest.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a In Vivo Sciences bird, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Planning and executing in vivo studies including murine stem cell engraftment models in collaboration with In vivo Pharmacologists and other Research Scientists.
- Performing techniques with mice such as routine injections (sc, ip, iv), body weight collection, clinical observation, blood sample collection, and necropsies with extensive tissue list collection.
- Supporting and working with other members of the team in executing in vivo studies and refining processes.
- Analyzing data using software including Excel, GraphPad Prism, and Study Log; prepare and present data to various groups within the organization.
- Establishing new animal models as needed, including pilot studies for model development and troubleshooting.
- Learning / contributing to the ex vivo assays and study endpoint analysis.
- Contributing to the initial and recurrent training of junior vivarium staff members.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- BA/BS 5+ years’ or MS with 3+ years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive experience in managing and executing in vivo studies in mice, including animal handling, performing routine injections, necropsy, blood, and tissues collection.
- Additional skill sets are a plus, such as ELISA, cell culture, cell-based assays, flow cytometry, qPCR, etc.
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning our gene therapy products.
- Experience in maintaining an electronic laboratory notebook and following written protocols.
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis, and presentations.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, and “can-do” attitude.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with changing schedules and priorities.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.