ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
bluebird bio’s Oncology Research flock is composed of collaborative, intelligent, and passionate individuals driven to grow our cellular immunotherapy programs, singularly focused on delivering transformative medicine to patients. The Seattle team is seeking a highly motivated Tech Associate to support CAR-T/TCR pre-clinical research. This is an excellent entry level position for someone with an interest to gain laboratory research experience in a vibrant industry setting. We are a team that works, learns, and grows together - and we're eager to fly with you!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Technical Associate reporting to a Technical Specialist, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Supporting Oncology Research by functioning in a Research Core, performing routine endpoint and automation-based assays using a standardized system
- Working and communicating cross-functionally with scientists to move studies forward (sample tracking, data analysis, basic programming of automation robots)
- Becoming independently proficient at performing established assays and generating critical materials for research projects (e.g., vector titer, transduction reagents)
- Becoming independently proficient at executing established lab duties (e.g., solution-making, reagent aliquoting, lab stocking)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have a BS in molecular biology or related discipline, preferred 1+ year of hands-on experience in a laboratory support role
- Desire to function in a core, performing routine endpoint assays using a standardized system
- Desire to improve core functions and promote new ideas and growth of functional core assays
- Exposure to and interest in research automation and molecular cloning, a plus
- Are independently motivated, detail-oriented, and able to follow established protocols
- Have good organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task and prioritize workload as needed
- Have good record-keeping habits
- Can build and maintain positive relationships with scientists and other stakeholders
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.