ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Join the bluebird bio, and future 2seventy bio, Method Development and Qualification group and contribute to the overall success of our novel cell therapy approaches. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be supporting method development and qualification as well as aspects of method life cycle management through hands-on execution of critical cell-based potency and bioassay test methods. The candidate will effectively communicate within and across functions, proactively address reagent and equipment needs, perform routine testing, execute key development experiments, and contribute to technical documents and reports.
This is an opportunity for motivated candidates to advance important projects that translate the next generation of transformative cell therapy ideas into meaningful therapeutic options for patients in need.
- Execute potency and bioassay testing to support cross-functional life cycle management initiatives.
- Work collaboratively to drive potency and bioassay method development, qualification, and transfer.
- Review and contribute to authorship of technical documents, including test methods, technical reports, scientific presentations, and regulatory documents.
- Support general lab operations by ensuring the lab is well stocked, maintaining instruments, and training new team members, as necessary.
- Document, manage, evaluate, and maintain data in a highly organized manner.
- Effectively collaborate cross-functionally to develop study designs and obtain critical test materials and reagents.
- Represent the Method Development and Qualification group in cross-functional forums to provide feedback on scientific strategy, prioritize group activities, and evaluate timelines for activities.
- Work independently to execute laboratory experiments, interpret results, and discuss/present impact.
- Take initiative to pursue activities towards achieving group and company goals.
- Must be willing to have a flexible schedule based on experimental and company needs.
- BS/MS in biological sciences (biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology or related discipline) with 2+ years (BS) or 1+ years (MS) of experience in a laboratory environment.
- Proficient in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture procedures. Experience with primary cell lines and/or cell-based assays is a plus.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including qPCR, ELISA, and FACS is a plus.
- Experience in a GLP/GMP compliant environment is a plus.
- Training in statistics and/or experience with statistical software packages is a plus.
- Independently motivated and detail-oriented individual with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Superb organizational and communication skills, with a “do what it takes” attitude.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.