ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
bluebird bio’s Oncology Research team is composed of collaborative, intelligent, and passionate individuals driven to grow our cellular immunotherapy programs, singularly focused on delivering transformative medicine to patients. The Seattle branch is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to support CAR-T/TCR pre-clinical research. If you crave innovation, embrace new challenges, and strive to solve tough problems, come join us! We are a team that works, learns, and grows together - and we're eager to start co-creating with you!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Oncology Research bird reporting to a Scientist II, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Designing and executing studies that provide the scientific basis for making data-driven decisions, e.g., selection of top CAR constructs based on a series of in vitro CAR-T cell characterizations.
- Running established assays (e.g., co-cultures to evaluate antigen-dependent cytokine release, target cell cytotoxicity, and T cell proliferation).
- Collaborating productively and creatively with other scientists to develop novel CAR architectural designs.
- Developing assays to improve in vitro to in vivo correlation.
- Identifying creative combinations to overcome tumor microenvironment suppression of CAR-T cell efficacy.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data at working groups and departmental seminars, with opportunities to present work at national conferences.
- Contributing to new technology assessment and implementation.
- Representing the Oncology Research team in a variety of cross-functional forums to provide feedback on scientific strategy, experimental priorities, and timelines.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- PhD in immunology, molecular biology, or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience in immunology, or MS degree with 8+ years of industry experience, or BS degree with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, such as tumor cell lines and primary human cells.
- Expertise in standard immunological assays (flow cytometry, MSD/Luminex).
- Expertise in basic molecular biology techniques (cloning, cell line engineering). Familiarity with CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing, a plus.
- Expertise in genomic analysis, including RNA-seq, scRNA-seq, Nanostring, a plus.
- Good problem-solving ability to troubleshoot complex technical and scientific problems.
- Strong ability to present data in a variety of team settings and actively participate in departmental meetings as well as cross-functional area research teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.